Over the last few years, we have seen the smartphone industry grow mercilessly. Few major brands of smartphones in the earlier era were Apple, Samsung and Nokia, but with time new brands have been launched in the market, such as HTC, Micromax, Xiomi, Lava etc., which provides us with the whole new level of experience with a much lower down prices. Today, the phone making companies have found out a way of cutting down the intermediary costs and offer the smart phones on the cutting-edge competitive prices. They exclusively sell online on a much lower price. Seeing this, the big shot mobile makers, like Samsung and Nokia have also joined the crusade.
Every once in a while such new smart phone is launched which pushes the idea of innovation in the mobile industry, introducing the unknown features to cater to the everyday use. The new Samsung Galaxy J7 is one such innovation which has joined the league of smart phones which provide every known (or unknown) feature on Earth on a very aggressive price range. It offers some upper-level features which enables it to be compared with some higher-priced smart phones.
Although, it supports a 5.5 inch display, the phone is easy to handle and grip. The hardware button is below the screen like all of the Samsung’s smart phone models, with two capacitive touch keys for menu/app switcher and back key. Above the display are the chrome-embellished earpiece, 5 MP front camera and LED front flash. We have listed the stand-out features of Samsung J7 for a quick glance:
- Dual standby sim support for GSM as well as LTE
- Latest Octa Core, 1.6 GHz processor
- 2 GB RAM, 16 GB inbuilt memory with 256 GB dedicated slot for memory card
- 3300 mAH battery which provide upto 23 hrs 3G talk time and upto 96 hrs music play
- Super AMLOED capacitive touch screen with 5.5 inches display of resolution 720 x 1280 pixels giving a wonderful experience of watching a video in 16 M colours.
- 13 MP rear camera with LED flash light, 5 MP front camera with front flash
- A real 4G experience with Ultra Data Saving
- Equipped with the latest android version of v6.0.1 Marshmallow
In short, a perfect smart phone with the entire features, one could imagine and that too in a budgeted price. But everything comes with a few obstructions. Similarly, this smart phone has some pitfalls as well like:
- Plastic body
- No Gorilla Glass Protection
- It has lower pixel density i.e. 267 ppi.
- Poor sound quality as noticed by a few users
- Lacks basic feature of automatic brightness
- Does not support LED Notification
- Features like FM Radio and NFC are absent
At the price of Rs 14,999, this phone is a value for money when compared to other Samsung smart phones or any other smart phones in the same range, as the matter of fact. The real competition lies with Mi4 and Lenovo K3 Note which comes under the same umbrella but lack features like 4G, expandable memory and backing of a strong brand image of Samsung.